My idea is to create an online service that would help those looking to start a new blog, niche website or online business find a strategic and effective domain name for their site. The process would work like this:
1) The individual would complete a questionnaire providing input about their blog, niche site or online business. Information would include their business idea, target audience. . . and other information. This would help me gain an appreciation for how they want to position themselves in the marketplace.
2) Next, I would conduct a 1-hour call with the individual to go over the completed survey, gain clarity and gather any other information that may be of value.
3) Next, I would use this information to brainstorm domain name options, evaluate them and then select the best names for them to choose from.
The pricing structure would have three options and be based on the number of domain name options provided. At the highest price point I would also have a 1-hour follow-up call to give them the thinking behind my selections and identify the best one or two that I would go with “if I were them”.
To support my evaluation of this idea, I would greatly appreciate your feedback on the following questions:
1) Do you think the concept has merit?
2) If you were starting a blog, niche website or online business, would you be willing to contract out such a service? If so, why? If not, why not?
3) If so, what price would you think would be fair?
4) Again, if you were interested in the service, how many name recommendations do you think you should receive from me for the price you feel is fair to pay?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.
Rate this idea
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.